- Locate important physical and man-made features in the United States.
- Describe the meaning of:
Natural rights as found in the Declaration of Independence (the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness)
“We the People” from the Preamble to
- Use the basic economic concepts of trade, opportunity cost, specialization, voluntary exchange, productivity, and price incentives to illustrate historical events.
- Map & Globe Skills
• 2. Use intermediate directions.
• 3. Use a letter/number grid system to determine location.
• 6. Use map key/legend to acquire information from historical, physical, political, resource, product, and economic maps.
• 7. Use a map to explain impact of geography on historical and current events.
• 8. Draw conclusions and make generalizations based on information from maps.
• 9. Use latitude and longitude to determine location.